Monday, March 2, 2009

Teh Internets is a Virus!

I had a crazy idea. I figured that instead of just writing, and if you wanted to know anything more about me, you could just read what I wrote, I would take a stupid online political quiz. Political quizzes are inherently inaccurate if you're an anarchist because they operate from the assumption that government is necessary. I'm not an "every man for himself" kind of anarchist. Sure, I mention "chaos" and "disorder" in my profile, but that's just inflammatory rhetoric! I just want a society based on compassion and reason. As long as there's no government, it doesn't really matter what kind of economic system I think there should be, because people will be free to choose whatever kind of system they want.

That said, the (2) tests I took turned out to be more accurate than I thought they would be. They actually seem to corroborate one another. But wait a second! Could that perhaps be because they're basically the same fucking test!? It's possible!

If there's anything I hate as much as labels, it's labels that don't really mean anything. These tests claim that they want to move beyond the clichèd "left/right" divide that is infecting our country, serving only as a distraction to keep the proles fighting amongst themselves, failing to notice what the fuck is really going on[!!!], but note my result from the okcupid test. They said I would best be described as a "strong Democrat." Sure, if by "Democrat" you mean "someone who would never be highly reluctant to vote Democratic." Then it makes total sense...

I don't like to apologize, but this shouldn't be considered a real column. I'll "do it right" at an unspecified point in the future... if I can get my act together... happy trials!


The Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00



You are a
Social Liberal
(93% permissive)
and an...
Economic Conservative
(66% permissive)
You are best described as a:
Strong Democrat
(^FUCK! THAT! SHIT!)




Link: The Politics Test on OkCupid.com

1 comment :

  1. We need to have more choices. There so much BS out there. I can't believe how compassion and reason, or lack there of, don't play a bigger part in our lives.

    ReplyDelete