Sunday, March 22, 2009

Religion Again (Oy, Vey!)

Hey again, star-flower-rainbow-children! I love you all SOOOO MUCH!!!

I'll just come right out and say this. I know everyone else says this, so it's "not a big deal" for me to say it, but it's been pissing me the fuck off: Islam is a death-cult! Muhammed was a pedophile! and the fucking "moderates" are only enabling the terrorists and murderers!

I had the chance to see a talk by Salman Rushdie in the area recently! Oh wait, no I didn't! I had previous obligations! But whatever! I went by the venue afterwards to investigate whether or not there had been any attempts on Rushdie's life by a splinter cell, and sure enough, I found some "Rushdie promotes hate speech! [read: Waaahhh! I'm a pussy!]" propaganda lying around. The pamphlet said "Protecting Free Speech? or Promoting Hate Speech?" Oh, the Muslims love the "this? or that?" form of question, don't they? I mean, they love asking those questions of other religions, but never their own! The pamphlet went on to mention that "oh, well, people in other religions have protested stuff in the past!" Wait, you disingenuousmotherFUCKers! When the stupid fucking Christians were protesting the movie "The Last Temptation of Christ," I don't recall a concerted effort to kill people involved with the production of that movie! Don't compare that shit to the uproar in response to The Satanic Verses! People in your own fucking religion tried to kill Salman Rushdie for allegedly blaspheming your precious imaginary friend! Fuck! You! Assholes! You don't get to accuse someone of promoting "hate speech" when people in your own fucking religion tried to murder him! You don't fucking do that shit! Don't you understand that!? This is not a game! This is fucking serious shit! Dickwads! Besides, it was a novel! It was fiction! Rushdie wasn't even pretending that what he was writing really happened! Is "the religion of peace [read: the religion of untold violence and oppression]" really more concerned with violations of pointless rules than with unnecessary death? Well, isn't that the whole story of religion?

I tried to confront some of these douchebags later on. I asked them if they were responsible for the aforementioned pamphlets and, if so, why. The chickenshi'ite (Ok, I admit, he was probably Sunni. Sorry.) with whom I spoke said something like "oh, well, free speech is great, but we don't think blasphemy is ok. We think it's hypocritical for people to try to justify blasphemy by acting like it's just 'free speech'." I tried to explain to him what the definition of 'defamation' was; that it required the statement to be false and damaging to the good reputation or character (e.g., of a group). I couldn't exactly get through to this individual, so I just decided to come back when I could think of a better method. From the way he was talking to me, I gathered that this person, presumably interested in becoming an Amerikan citizen, would be perfectly fine with it if the U.S. became a caliphate and the rest of us were all Dhimmis! But he was kind enough to give me a couple of pamphlets on the role or "place" of women in Islam. One of the pamphlets had a bunch of pictures of women in "typical" Islamic garb; of course, none of them were wearing a burqa! Neither did I see any mention of honor killings in any of their propaganda! Like I said: chickenshit! Can't really expect any type of honesty from these people if that's the last thing they care about!

It's always sort of complicated criticizing Islam or Muslims because while my opinion of Islam is the most negative among religions (Yes, Christians. Get over yourselves. There's nothing all that special about your religion.), I don't want it to seem like I'm giving the "Western Imperialist Satan" a free pass. Oh, isn't that a laugh! As if the Caliphate was not at one time the world's largest empire! As if it would not currently be a vast empire if it had the resources and organization of our current Amerikan Empire! Not that we aren't responsible for our share of atrocities, especially in the middle east since WW I or so.

That said, there's definitely enough injustice committed by the major religions of the world for me to spread around the coverage.


I just noticed that the one-time Third Reich defector and current Nazi we now know as Pope Benedict XVI recently re-condemned condom distribution in Africa. He basically said that condoms make the AIDS problem worse. What!? Does he really think that condoms encourage sex? What an idiot! From the history of the universe, the first thing that should be intuitively obvious to such an alleged genius is that people don't need any encouragement to have sex! It's not such a simple problem in Africa for people to be "abstinent until marriage" and "faithful to their spouse" afterwards. Not in areas where polygyny is legal! Not in areas where it isn't exactly "socially acceptable" for a woman to deny sex to a man! This is not a game! You can't just stand by and moralize about how extramarital sex is wrong when people are dying! Don't you understand that!? This reminds me of all the cartoons that were critical of the previous pope for his stance on condom distribution in Africa. "Condoms... cause... AIDS" said a senile, decrepit JP II in one such cartoon. I couldn't find it, but here's a similar one.
Anyway, I never expected the present pope to act like a cartoon representation of the previous pope! It's as if a person made a strawman of religion and then people actually tried to defend the strawman! [note: I coudn't find it, but that's something youtube user "The Amazing Atheist" said in one of his videos.] It makes no fucking sense!

There's a similar situation occurring in Mexico right now. People are being murdered left and right due to the "wars" between the law enforcement agencies and various drug cartels. Over 7,300 have been killed since 2007. Of course, a major cause of this problem is, in fact, prohibition. Have you ever seen Miller doing a drive by on Anheuser-Busch? No. Those companies have legal methods of resolving disputes. But good luck getting any hearing from your average American Conservative WASP clergy-person on this. Sure, they'll pray; they'll do mission trips, but anytime you expect them to do something beyond the symbolic gesture, they're fucking useless. It's like they don't even care. You might as well ask them to admit that evolution happened. It seems like they'd rather moralize about how drug use is "wrong" than take a practical position on the issue. They act like we can't make drugs legal because that would just allow people to justify their "immoral" behavior! NO! BULLSHIT!! People don't need justification to act however they want! They just do it! And if/when they do feel such a need, they often just use religion! Don't you understand that? This is not a game! This is serious shit! Don't you realize that you can't just stand back in your white towers pontificating while people are dying!? Don't you give a fuck!? Burying your head in the sand will not mute the blood of the innocent as it cries out for justice in the streets!

Thanks for reading. I really need to come up with some kind of catch-phrase to end my columns or something. Anyway, enjoy your life. So many have lost theirs.

1 comment :