Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm Not Saying That Steven Crowder Condones Racism... [New Youtube Video]

I've mentioned Steven Crowder here before. He's... well, this is how I usually put it: "Steven Crowder, budding conservative pundit/'comedian,' ostensible journalist, professional-troll-in-the-making, and all-around closet-case..." (just kidding about the "closet-case" part... he has a girlfriend. No, really! He told me himself! And we all know that every guy who has a girlfriend is totally, completely, 100% straight, right? Yeah... anyway...) I just caught him, let's say, not being very careful about the comments on his videos or his replies to them. Keep in mind, I'm always very [but reasonably] cautious about accusing people of racism, and I'm not accusing him of racism here. I'm not even accusing him of condoning racism, but... that's not the only thing going on here. But let me be clear in stating that I unequivocally condemn any hate directed at anyone, including [especially] people who are guilty of it themselves. I'm pretty sure I'll make an in-depth, follow-up blog/video on this issue soon.

Video: "Does Steven Crowder Condone Racism?"


[contents of description bar below for those of you who'd rather not click your mouse more times than absolutely necessary]

IMPORTANT: I do not hate Steven Crowder. I have no ill will toward him. I give no indication of that anywhere in this video. Please do not use this video as "justification" for threatening him or his family, friends, associates, or anyone else he might care about!

Update: Any questions about authenticity should be cleared up by the fact that Steven Crowder admitted that this video and the screenshot were authentic. Also, Steven asked me to take down the video. He confronted me about it on facebook chat. Without giving me enough time to consider, and because I'm such a nice guy, I indicated that I would remove the video, or at least wasn't going to keep it up permanently, because this question isn't even relevant to whether or not Steven Crowder is an accurate reporter, a demagogue, a liar, or anything else. But after conferring with others more experienced than myself, I've realized that this isn't just between him and me. For his part, he claims that he wasn't paying attention well enough and didn't see the racist parts of homertalk's comment. (Ron Paul Newsletter, anyone?) I would grant him that I see his case as highly plausible. I mean, it's difficult to comprehend the monumental stupidity that would have been required for him to have done this *intentionally.* But even assuming he's telling the truth, you could still say, "That's what you get for being the kind of act that racists happen to like," or "You made your bed, now sleep in it." It's even possible that this could be a distraction from "the real issues." But I'm pretty sure he still doesn't get it... you know... what the "real" issues are... one who asks for compassion and fairness when he seems to have such trouble showing it himself...

Steven Crowder's video

We already know Steven Crowder doesn't really care too much about facts or objectivity...

Steven Crowder video comments pages (the comment in question should be on the last or next to last page. As of 8:09 pm GMT, 22 December, 2009 Steven has deleted his own comment but not homertalk's)

Screen capture

Audra Shay

Orygyn's video

Obviously, the word "nigger" can mean different things in different contexts. Homertalk was obviously using the word as a slur. I'm not saying that Steven Crowder *noticed* the use of that slur or the slur right after it... [in fact, I, personally, would say it's most likely that he didn't]. I'm just putting this out there as a public service.

On a final note, again, I'd like to point out that even if Steven Crowder does condone racism, that doesn't have anything to do with whether or not his reporting is factual. Those are two distinct questions.

[short link to this post: http://bit.ly/7YsXPA ]

6 comments :

  1. Looks like your website is under attack from supernatural forces…

    http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=2&subcatid=7&threadid=3449994

    you really need to add comment moderation to your blasphemy…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why should I moderate my threads!? Freedom of speech is very important to me... I can suffer a few minor annoyances... no offense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your website is under attack from supernatural forces…

    http://boards.history.com/topic/Nostradamus/Atheism-Is-Deadforever/520085067

    you really need to add comment moderation to your blasphemy…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suffered for years from ADHD, could never concentrate or sit down for more them ten minutes for that matter, I tried all sort of drugs none took any positive effect on me, until I tried Adderall, this switched things completely for me, if anyone has a similar problem I suggest you read up on this medication online and see why it is so much better then all the rest out there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog very nice information i really like your post. Your article its so amazing. After reading your blog i am very helpful & i really thanks full your. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete